Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Joy Diet: Removing the Clutter


So I have joined my first online book club. It's called The Next Chapter: The Joy Diet. We are reading through Martha Beck's, The Joy Diet. I am very excited about the whole experience. The book is so intriguing. It's a journey to help you get to know your inner self better and see your true being and the Spirit more clearly.

The past few years have been spiritual chaos for my mind and heart. I have basically turned my entire perspective upside down and am now trying to rectify where it stands now. I hope that being a part of this book-reading journey will give me some insight into listening more intently and hearing what my conscience is trying to tell me. I firmly believe that God speaks to us in a quiet, strong voice, yet we drown it out with all of the clutter in our lives. I think our conscience, or our "gut" as some say, is the Spirit guiding us to where we need to be. I really want to reconcile my heart and my spirit. I hope this book will facilitate that communion. I want the clutter to be gone.

2 comments:

  1. Great photograph you chose to accompany your post. I think being on this journey to discovering and implementing joy so that it is part of our everyday lives will enrich us. Mind/body/spirit connection is so very important and I hope that you find that with this "diet". Looking forward to completing this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, like the picture you chose for this beginning - perhaps it will spin a bit on this journey!

    Looking forward to sharing it with you.

    ReplyDelete